We're searching for an exceptional individual to assume the role of Head of Financial Control and Reporting, taking the reins of a newly established team that plays a crucial role in steering our financial strategy. Reporting to and collaborating directly with the Chief Financial Officer to spearhead the development and management of our financial control, reporting, and fulfillment team. Your strategic contributions will not only drive process improvement and efficiency but will also play a vital role in shaping the financial success of our Private Equity (PE) backed business
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished Head of Financial Control and Reporting with a solid background in finance, preferably in a private equity or similar highly accelerated structure. As a key member of the senior management team, the successful candidate should demonstrate leadership by example, fostering collaboration and adding substantial commercial value. The ability to navigate a hybrid working environment, potentially with geographical dispersion as the company grows through acquisitions, is crucial. The candidate should excel in leading a finance team through transformative periods, driving process improvement, automation, and efficiency. As a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with significant post-qualification experience, the ideal candidate will play a critical role in shaping the financial success of the organization.
- Experience managing and developing a finance team, adapting to the evolving structure of a mid-sized company with revenue exceeding £50 million.
- Proven experience in leading, managing, and developing a finance team.
- Capability to deliver practical solutions and drive genuine business improvements.
- Ability to work in detail and conduct the finance function in an organized manner.
- Past experience in the SaaS/software sector and working in a Private Equity environment would be advantageous.
- Experience with business integration and systems deployment, especially Netsuite and Salesforce.
- Proven ability to work at pace within a fast-moving environment, especially in a private equity or similar highly accelerated structure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills an the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels
About the Role
As the Head of Financial Control and Reporting, your primary purpose is to lead and develop a newly established financial control, reporting, and fulfillment team within our fast-growing PE-backed business. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, you will play a critical role in producing accurate, timely, and high-quality accounting information. Your responsibilities extend to managing both financial and statutory matters, overseeing management accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and facilitating the seamless integration of future acquisitions. Your strategic contributions will significantly impact the company's profitability and position it for continued success.
- Prepare monthly management accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Develop, manage, and automate the financial close process and accounting timetable using best practices.
- Lead on accounting matters, including consolidation of individual group companies (UK and overseas), and support future transactions such as corporate simplification and M&A.
- Provide insightful monthly variance analysis to budget and historics for the Executive team.
- Develop revenue analysis, including recurring and non-recurring revenues, quality of revenue, run-rates, ARR, ACV, and key SAAS and retention metrics.
- Prepare Investor and Bank reporting and form relationships with key external stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day finance functions, including AP, AR, working capital, and fixed assets.
Financial Accounting and Statutory Matters
- Oversee the preparation/review of annual financial statements.
- Provide technical accounting expertise on revenue recognition, acquisition accounting, and entity consolidations.
- Act as the key interface with company auditors, leading planning, fieldwork, and addressing queries.
- Manage taxation matters, including filing PAYE, VAT, ERS returns, and overseeing the statutory timetable.
- Manage group insurance coverage.
- Oversee the outsourced payroll provider, ensuring the accuracy of monthly payroll for employed team members and contractors.
Forecasting and Budgeting
- Run weekly revenue flash and forecast for the Executive team.
- Own the short/long-term forecasting process, including P&L, Balance Sheet, and cash flow.
- Manage GP and margin assurance to optimize company profitability.
- Develop appropriate MI, including regular KPIs for delivery to the business.
- Develop monthly opex reporting by cost center and act as an advisor to inform and challenge cost center owners.
- Bring a continuous improvement mindset to the business, continuing the development of Netsuite and associated systems and automations.
- Administer and control sales commissions.
- Integrate future acquisitions into the Omniplex Group.
- Leverage proven experience in working at pace within a fast-moving environment in a private equity or similar highly accelerated structure.
- Facilitate smooth transitions and integration of financial processes and systems.
What You’ll get
- Generous base salary based on experience
- Hybrid working model: 3 days per week in the office, allowing flexibility and work-life balance.
- 25 days of annual leave, plus an additional day to celebrate your birthday.
- Excellent Private Medical Insurance for your well-being.
- Group Life Insurance coverage, four times your annual salary.
- Dental, optical, and hearing cashback plan for your health needs.
- Employee Assistance Program and mental health cover to support your well-being.
- Enhanced family policies, ensuring a supportive environment for your loved ones.
- Regular social events and activities to foster a vibrant and inclusive community.